Every bride wants to look perfect on her wedding day and it can be achieved only when you prepare the way before your wedding day arrives. You might say that makeup can make anything possible but that is not true makeup will look good with a glowing face and that is what you want. These days, no one wants to apply layers of makeup as we know that it can spoil our skin in a long run so if you want to go minimalistic on makeup you need to start working on your skin 12 months before your wedding day.
Along with that, you should also start eating healthy as the food you eat shows on your face and that would decide the rest of your makeup on your wedding day. So how should you plan for your bridal makeup? Well, here is a checklist for the same by the bridal experts:
Bridal Makeup Checklist For 12 Months
9-12 Months Before The Wedding Day
- First thing first always decides on your wedding beauty budget way beforehand so that you do not receive any unwanted shocks on your wedding day. Always remember to include all the pre-wedding treatments that you plan on that budget.
- You can also start a lookbook which would contain notes and clippings from the magazine that would work as an inspiration for your wedding day.
- Start your search for the best salons in the area that provide wedding hair and makeup. Get a price listing from them as you would need it to collide with your budget so that you can narrow down your options.
- You should work out every detail such as whether you are comfortable going to a salon on your wedding day for makeup and hair or you want the stylist to come down to your place for the same. Confirm with the salons accordingly.
- If you have seen some new haircut and colour and you want to try it out, then this is the right to give it a trial run just to check if it suits you at all.
- There are many brides who want to whiten their teeth before their wedding, then this is the right time to get a dentist’s appointment.
6-9 Months Before The Wedding Day
- By now you must have selected the salon or the artist who would do your bridal makeup. Well, then it is the perfect time to try it on as a trial run to see if the makeup that you have chosen goes perfectly with your wedding outfit or not.
- There are many brides who feel that there is no use wasting money on makeup artists and they decide to do their own makeup. Well, if that is the case then I would suggest that you play with some colours or go through some of the best bridal tutorials online so that you can narrow down on the look you want.
4-9 Months Before The Wedding Day
- Your wedding day is almost here and so being your engagement day to schedule your hair and makeup at the salon. So, that the appointment is not delayed.
- It is very normal to have skin problems like pimples and acne but get it treated before your wedding day because makeup can accelerate it. So, book your appointment with a dermatologist if you have such problems.
- If you are planning to get a body spa done take a test run for the same to choose the one that suits you the best.
1 Month Before The Wedding Day
- If you are planning to get a new hairstyle for your wedding well, then this is the best time to get it as hairstyles usually take a month to set and look good.
- Along with haircut if you have planned to get rebounding or any other treatment done then do it now so that it can settle down too.
2 Weeks Before The Wedding Day
- If you have coloured hair get root touch up done now so that it looks perfect on your wedding day.
- Confirm your appointment with the salon or the artist so that there is no confusion.
- If there are other appointments that you have made for your beauty treatment confirm them too.
- This is also the right time to schedule your manicure and pedicure for a day before your wedding.
1 Week Before The Wedding Day
- Ask one of your bridesmaids to pack all the required accessory in a bag and keep it with her so that she can carry it with her to the venue where you would get dressed so that you do not miss out on anything due to all the rush.
- If you were getting bridal facial or body treatments did then get your last one done now as there is only a week left thus, it is the right time to get the maximum glow on your big day.
1-2 Days Before The Wedding Day
- Get your manicure and pedicure done. Well, I would suggest that you carry your own nail color so that you can do any last-minute touch up for chips on the spot.
- It is also a good idea to wash your hair for the last time before your wedding day a day before because 1-day dirty hair holds the hair styling better than freshly washed hair.
- Also get a deep-conditioning hair spa done 2 days before your big day so that your hair looks smooth.
On The Wedding Day
- Do not wash your hair on your wedding day and shower at least 5 hours before you start getting ready.
- Ask your hair stylist to do your hair at least 3 hours before you enter your wedding venue.
- Get your makeup done only after your hair is done that too an hour before you need to arrive at the venue.
- Remember that all eyes would be on your ring so moisturize your hands and recheck your manicure.
- Do all the necessary touchups before any of the ceremonies starts so that the photographers get the best pictures of yours.
- Do remember to spray perfume before you walk down the aisle so that you smell good among all the burning wood smell.
So, brides here are the beauty checklist that would help you look your best on your wedding day
You may also like: Bridal Jewelry Trends For 2018 Brides